The Mash

Hello Internet, and welcome to The Mash, a beer, brewing, and fermentation-focused blog.

Before I was of legal age, I wasn't yet aware of the variety of beers available. Through mass media exposure, the only brews I was aware of were the standard macros, Guiness, Sierra Nevada, Sam Adams, and Leinenkugel's (my dad's suds of choice). The first time I walked into a liquor store, I was amazed by the array of six-packs they had - and what the hell are bombers and growlers? I walked out with 6 bottles of something I bought merely for the cool looking skeleton dude holding a brewski on the label, Rogue Dead Guy Ale.

And I haven't looked back since.

I began homebrewing because I wanted to try to make something that tasted as good as that first sip of a real craft brew - something hoppy, malty, and above all, flavorful. I'm not sure that I've succeeded yet, but I hope that someday my beer can make someone realize that there's a bigger, bolder, and brighter world out there than PBR tallboys and Corona.

And that's what brings me here - I want to share my thoughts on beer and brewing, recipes, techniques, reviews, etc. Like the mash of a brew session, I hope that The Mash can be the start of something great, but if not, hey, it's still beer, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment